Sunday, January 20, 2008

pigs,chickens and dens

well the rain never came! we waited and waited, watching every looming cloud for the torrential downpour that was promised, but the trenches weren't tested and the house remains warm and more importantly dry. I suppose that there is a small feeling of disappointment that all of J's hardwork with a spade has not been challenged by the elements and we will have to live and learn another day.

We have made the boys a den in the back garden, complete with chairs and area to keep the footballs. You have to have a password to enter and sitting out there last night with the torches was a wonderful game. J had to persuade them to come out and play with me in it as I was getting rather upset sitting in my masterpiece alone. We have walls, door and a shelf area. I was deperate to put in a table and even found myself picking up and old framed picture to put on the 'walls' (tree) until I remembered that I was building this for small men and the titivating would not be needed when the den became a war camp in the battle against the baddies in the back garden. Armed with torches and twigs for guns sure enough we managed to protect the den and fought our way back to the back door.

J has been hunting out pigs and chickens for us to keep and I naively thought that the fact he was leaving the web pages open by accident for me to spot was just that. It turns out he knows me rather too well and knew that I could not resist the chance to look - the choices are Kune Kune pigs and Brahma chickens...

Brahmas as I rather like to look of the Abba esque flairs they have round their feet and Kune Kune because they look like bulldogs - who says there is anything scientific in this.

No comments: