Saturday, February 16, 2008

A new baby

We are now the proud owners of our first tractor! A 1958 Massey Ferguson and even though he is in his 50th year he is a fine old gentleman and addition to the family. J travelled 20 miles to bring him home going no more than 7 miles an hour through the countryside and down every B road he could find. He has been named Fergie, Jack and Tommy dependent on the member of the family you are talking to, but has revolutionised moving stuff around. Life will never be the same again.

I have had my first lesson on Fergie and although I was feeling awful with the tummy bug that is doing the rounds, I was having so much fun I forgot all about the knot in my stomach and stayed on board for an hour. J was relegated to 'ganger man' and had to make do with a shovel and spade as I moved earth and broken brick around. The boys love him and on the first morning we had him were out in the front bucket in their school clothes getting lifted above the fence to wave at me in the shed. A has mastered the art of lifting the bucket up and down but C stayed on his dad's lap and pretended to drive.

we now nearly have a driveway and my car exhaust should be able to last a bit longer now as it does not have to take a daily beating across the rock filled mud.

Sunshine was out again and J and I once more took up our seats in the sun, glass of wine in hand and imagined we were on holiday.

We have (or rather Fergie the tractor has) managed to losen the old football net out from the overgrown trees and brambles and so already A and J have been out for a game of penalty shootout - needless to say A put 9 goals past his old man.

No comments: