Sunday, November 9, 2008

Pooped

Had a whirlwind of a weekend, and now glass in hand I am about to run a very big bath and have a soak...but before I do - what excitement here.

Well first news is about the house and J's new skills - buying things off eBay. For a while now J has been a complete Luddite when it comes to all things computer. He has however become rather a dab hand at bidding for things and after a conversation about how it would be good to have a squashy leather beaten up old settee we now have one all the way from Kent and for the bargain price of 25 English pounds! It is quite a cool settee and yes incredibly comfy. Every action has a reaction and so the consequence of the pristine purchase is that the hot water tank (which used to be in the little room I'm in now), is now housed in its own little shed attached to the Shed. This means we have a full wall against which to rest the sofa (oooh - shall I name it!!? she looks like a Stella the sofa to me) and a proper little second sitting room. There is a weird bit of wallpaper we have found - just above the skirting board about 2 foot square - sea shells circa 1960...just this little perfect piece amongst walls of plaster...odd.

Following the action/reaction theme - the bath water has been running brownish for the past few days as the tank had been disturbed - but a girl can't have everything.

J and I spent the day on Friday shutting Bella the van down for the winter. It was so beautiful and sunny down there, but she scrubbed up well until next March. But you never know what will be lurking when we return.

Today has been a day of 3 parties - hence the need for a good old soak. This morning the boys were off at Ollie's Pirate party. J and I drove to pick them up and change them into their suits (!) We then had lunch with all of the family for mum's birthday. For a while it had felt as if my family had shrunk a bit, but today there appeared to be hordes of us again. 4 generations of us with Great Great Auntie Lois as matriarch - all of the babies and all of us in between. Even J in his squire’s outfit - check shirt, hacking jacket (you get the picture). We had a wonderful time and I am stuffed. Home for a quick change back into mucky gear and to the neighbours for their childrens firework display. My heart was in my mouth a few times when the rockets appeared to be heading for my rather flimsy felt roof - but Shed is still standing. The boys had a ball but I think I shouted loudest!

I may have found somewhere to have my 30th birthday party - got to see my decade out in style.

Jeff is looking up cuckoo clocks on eBay - I live in fear!

Happy, full, tired, worried about chirping clock and about to fall into Stella.

No comments: