Saturday, January 24, 2009

Sunk!

The boat has gone down! Don't worry no hands on deck just the most amazing amount of rain...

Jeffers and I braved the downpour yesterday to walk to the river and have a look at our pride and joy and see how it was bearing up in the flow. The river had burst its banks over on to the opposite field and no sign of our James Bondesque motor boat to be seen. The tree that it was moored to is now right in the middle of the river. The only consolation we have it we definately know where the boat is! The fact that we may have to wait til the summer now to be able to see it again as the river shrinks and dries up, well that is not so good! I had to break the news to the boys yesterday as Alf has a friend coming to play specifically to have a go in the motor boat - they both thought it was hysterical.

We have actually only managed to take it out 3 times since Christmas, so they may have been the most expensive river trips we could ever have taken.

I was treated to a wonderful brithday 'week' - spoilt at home and at work too...I had made enough noise to even ensure that I was congratulated by the boys' teachers, their schoolfriend, and even the postman...very proud! I now begin the ancient art of aging backwards and look forward to being in my thirties again next year!

having fun, keeping warm and buying snokelling gear so we can plunge to the depths to see our boat again...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about the boat being submerged into the murkey depths.
The one thing Mighty said to me -
" I hope that they have enough slack on the mooring rope to allow the boat to float up with the rising water level".
J no doubt will be able to raise and "Dry out" the boat; but if it is an "In board" motor, it will be harder to clean & fix.
We have every confidence that \j will sort it all out.
Trusting you are all well,
The other J, (Pater).

Anonymous said...

When you find him in the sludge I recommend a VERY LONG rope so he can learn to float again!!! I hope he puts his nose up by spring and before the next big downpour.
Glad the shed is holding up to the weather after all last summers drainage effort. Good about the clock turning backwards once you turn a special age - let me do a calculation, wow - I will be 11 in March.
Mighty xxx