Sunday, April 13, 2008

moo

Ok, about 2 hours ago I was standing at the edge of the river trying to calls the cows on the opposite bank down to me so I could show you a picture. I whistled and then mooed and mooed louder, unbelievably, it was working... then a pheasant squawked and away they ran...not going mad honestly...just excited! Who would have thought cows were scared of birds!

I am home alone tonight as the boys and jeffers are down at the caravan living the life of riley.

The weekend began on Thursday for us, the 'baby' turned 5! We had presents and singing before I set off for work and Charlie was beyond excitement at his nylon yellow dressing up outfit - he is now Bumblebee personified! I dutifully went to work, but inspiration overtook me at 7.30 at night when, on the way home, I discovered that with only 4 more stops I could be in Chichester and therefore the caravan with the lads! Got there on the wings of impetuosity at 9.30pm! It was worth the look on Jeffers face when I jumped out of a cab in my work regalia - unexpected and a bit over excited! (me not him!)

We have been down at Bella Belvadere (the van) for the past couple of days since, and I have come home to iron school clothes ready for their return on Tuesday- the pile is winking at me from the table...

Itchenor was gorgeous, we walked the dogs to The Ship with the boys and their gang of friends cycling on ahead...they love it there, surrounded by their friends and with an element of freedom that we cannot give them at home.

I came home and was so excited to see the garden again. It really is something in the sun. The other night I came home and thought 'why is Jeffers walking around by the river at his time?' When my eyes finally adjusted to the distance I realised that it was cows at the bottom of the garden. They were here again tonight and hence my need to photograph them for poserity.

I double checked with Jeff twice before I left Bella about how to light the fire...oh..it sounds so easy when you know how. 1 hour after coming home, having lit and blown and lit again...I became really rather 'female' and called for help. No, I am not a fire-starter, but I now know someone who is...Simon. He walked in, scrunched up some paper, lit it and now I have a roaring fire.

The bluebells are here! I have a blue line through the woods...Jeffers has also begun putting in the iron fencing along the bank so there will be a line beyond which the boys cannot go. There will be gates in the fencing, but it is very reassuring that they and their friend won't find an easy way down to the river.

Alf has spent 5 months saving up for a DS Lite. On Friday he got there and down to Tescos we marched. Having bought the ninetendo, the boys asked if they could have tea in the shop cafe. But of course! we chose cheese and ham sandwiches and a plate of chips. Sitting down to eat, the boys tasted their first ever chip butty - stuffing chips into the sarnies with flair. Alfie announced that he had never been to such a great restaurant and that when he was 18 this would be his restaurant of choice - he would even concider holding his 18th birthday there - so fabulous was it!

All sunny, happy and mooing at cows

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear the sun came out at last. Happy birthday, it's good to be five and make the day last for the whole weekend.
Hope the sun continues to shine.
Mighty.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to Chas and a future Happy Birthday to Alf.
Glad to hear that all is still going well.
Keep up the story M.
Grandad.