Sunday, July 6, 2008

catch

Just come back from attempting to light the fire! I seem to be getting a bit better at it and can really get the kindling into a rampant flame now. All goes horribly wrong as I try to put real wood on there - need for J to step in as the 'man of the house' and get it going for real. I am sure I will crack this one day. Fire is on as it is rather gloomy tonight and as soon as it starts licking against the glass again I remember how much of a heart to the shed it is.

Had a busy old week. Only one week left now before the boys break up and they are absolutely exhausted - all this education takes it out of them. Soon a six week holiday to recharge their batteries and brains. We went to the school fun day this weekend and then back to our old road to visit with our old neighbour. It felt so weird being back there looking at the outside of the old house, but not living there any more. You realise what having close neighbours is like. Standing outside we had about 4 conversations with people as they walked by. Good to see them again, but strange to think that here we can go days without seeing our nearest and dearest.

J has begun clearing the front garden here and has thinned out some of the vegetation. My previous list of things I could see (moped, caravn etc) has now dwindled to nothing as the rag and bone man has come to take anything of any metal value away. J is also beginning the metal fencing along the front path which makes the driveway in more obvious and clear. I suppose you could say we are getting there with the land, but there is still a long way to go.

The newest craze in this house for boy number one is tennis. I have had about 8 games over the weekend, and every now and again I test his throwing and catching skills too. For those of you that don't know I pride myself on my near championshhip level thowing ability (trust me - I am great at it!) I am pleased to announce that number one son has the same superhuman skills. I threw a tennis ball as high as I could manage and calm as you like A stood underneath it - reached out - and held on. Dad would have burst with pride as my inherent ability at this fine old sport - catch - comes straight from him. Son number two will soon be put through his paces!

happy, warm and chucking balls

No comments: